A BLOG WHERE PASSION SPEAKS

Breaking

Tuesday 16 July 2019

A LETTER TO DEPRESSION.




                        Dear depression,

            I wouldn’t ask how you are because you are always fine and bouncing fulfilling that which you are known for. I still regret meeting you for the very first time. Just as is your custom, you caused me so much pain. You     followed the path of my loneliness to get to me. I was a fool thinking you would be able to give me something better, forgetting that a person can only give out what they have. I wined and I dined with you, eating the food of low-self esteem because you told me I wasn’t beautiful and that I should go hang myself. I got drunk with you wine of pain because you called me dumb when I couldn’t answer a few questions in class. But now I see that those few questions in class don’t define the questions of life that I can answer.
            You are my darkest moments, a part of me that I never want to recall. You called yourself my friend, yet you filled my heart with thoughts of suicide. I grew tired of listening to the same words over and over again, all you voice could ever do was weaken my soul, saying and screaming in my ears
             “Jump off the cliff”
             “Hang yourself”
                “You have no worth”
                   And oh, the oldest one in the book “No one loves you”.


            I write to you today, not to make you feel proud of everything you think you’ve done, No. I write to let you know that I have moved on. See I met this new person who saved me and turned me into a whole new person. And his name is LOVE. He came into my life with PEACE, JOY STRENGTH, and the answer to my unending questions. He brought with him a whole lot of good and positive things that even I couldn’t have imagined, so how then could you begin to imagine the possibilities of me rising above all your tactics and you schemes. You simply just can’t.
            Love told me that I was beautiful, intelligent, and valued. He said my worth can’t be bought. He said that I possessed the wisdom that the world needs. Oh no, you need not be upset. I mean somewhere along the line you must have realised that I was slipping away. I would never have been yours forever. I dine with kings and Queens now; I’m no longer lonely because love filled the vacuum in my heart. My thoughts have been purified and I no longer have time to think about my past any more, cause that’s just what you are to me now, MY PAST.
            And now, bold as ever I charge you to leave the hearts and let them have the heart to live. Go away and let love led the way.
            I won at last and I know others will too, Its only a matter of time before your name becomes a past tense in everyone’s lives and I would drive that revolution. Don’t even bother writing back, because If you noticed, I didn’t even leave an address.
Yours                                                                                                                                              sincerely,
                                                                                                                                              Chika.        

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful letter everyone going through depression should read and probably write theirs with this template, indeed depression has fed a lot of us with low self-esteem, ChiGlobal thanks for this piece 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. i hope you share more of these to help persons that are going through this and others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is actually a lovely letter..... i know depression is the one affecting youths of this generation but we just have to speak out and look for solutions around.....good write up chiglobe.....i love it

    ReplyDelete

Pages